Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Hey y'all! Thank you so much for stopping by my brand new technology blog! In this blog, I will be sharing teaching with technology ideas, especially in science because that's what I teach, but if you don't teach science, hopefully you will find ways to make it work in your own classroom. I will also sprinkle in some classroom decorating tips, DIY ideas, management and organization tips, and other topics of interest for teachers!

A little about me...I'm starting my 19th year as a middle school teacher. I teach in a middle school in central Alabama. I have taught 7th and/or 8th grade science all but one of those years. In 2018, I graduated with a Master's Degree in Library Media, and look forward to one day having a library of my own! I love middle school, though it's not without challenges. I love watching my students mature and develop plans and goals and personalities.

This summer I was able to attend the AETC (Alabama Educational Technology Conference) and it was AWESOME! I learned about some really, REALLY cool things to do with my students this coming year. I can't wait to share these projects with you once we return to school in August. While at the AETC, I attended a workshop about Google Educator certification. After reviewing and studying the material, I took the test and I am happy to say I received Level 1 Certification in June! I believe that this training will help me with technology integration with my students. Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Refresh

Hi everyone! Summer is ending and we teachers are gearing up for another school year! I've been busy in my classroom off and on for the ...